Bad Relationships Start here:
- Treating your partner as if you have some right to an opinion about them
- Wanting to rescue, fix, change, alter, improve your partner
- Agreeing with their own self criticism
- Offering advice you were not asked for
- Not complimenting them
- Not appreciating what you've got
Bad Relationships Continue here.
- Feeling proud of your partner (actually referred to as parenting)
- Adjusting your style to meet your partner's expectation
- Feeling responsible for both good and bad things that happen to your partner
- Feeling like you can't do stuff unless they approve
Good Relationships Start Here
- You have your own vision and goals
- You know what you want
- You separate love and romance
- You have a commitment to something greater than the relatoinship
- You still do things you would do if you were single... spend time alone.
- You don't compromise but you do negotiate.